Tuesday 12 November 2013

A Day in the Life of...

WALT:write a recount.

A day in the life of a a person with hearing difficulty.
My day started off like any other school day. I was annoyed because the lady in the supermarket was talking to me but I couldn't hear her. I slowly walked towards my class to be greeted by one of the girls in my class. "Hi how are you " she said to me well that's what I think she said. "Hi um I'm good".

Miss Grecian was teaching Spanish to the class, I couldn't hear her because I was a the back of the class icealate with my own thoughts. I couldn't hear her that well so I had to move to the front of the class but it was way to loud. I just had to stay there, with my ears hurting.
For lunch I had a yummy sandwich, I was sitting by myself like any other lunch time. A couple of older kids came up to me with a nasty look on there faces. They started calling me names like most other people. I started crying so so they teased me more, I got up and run away to the girls bathroom.

After lunch we had assembly. I hate assembly because we sit at the very back of the hall. I can never hear what the are saying up on stage. They are handing out pieces of paper. I was feeling like I was in my own little world. Everyone turned around and were staring at me ever some of the teachers, they stared for a bit more, than started laughing. I run out of the hall with red eyes and tears running down my cheeks, I'm alone I'm my world everyday. I feel like I am under water all the time.

As I finally came out of my hiding place, I was feeling a bit happier. I made my way to the class. There was a new kid sitting at the back of the class alone like me. Miss Borris was surprised to see me back so soon I was so confused when she introduced me to the girl. She signed "hello" so I signed back and asked what her name was she answered Amy. Amy and I are best friends now and I am never alone.

My next learning step is to use more descriptive words in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment